WELCOME TO THE FOREST SCHOOL PAGE
What is Forest School?
‘Forest School is an inspirational process that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.’
(Definition provided by the FSA at http://www.forestschoolassociation.org/what-is-forest-school/)
Our journey so far...
The Forest School programme started at Hingham Primary School in February 2017. We were very lucky to have received help from the following organisations:
- The Friends of Hingham School purchased a temporary fence and a shed to store resources on site.
- Easton College sent a team from their Arboriculture department to help plant trees (February 2017) and hedgerow plants (December 2017) donated to us by the Woodland Trust.
- Abel Homes erected a permanent fence 100m around the designated Forest School area.
- The Ernest Cook Trust awarded us a grant of £1,350 so we could purchase tools and resources to use during Forest School.
- Norwich Town Close Estate Charity awarded us a £10,000 grant to build an outdoor classroom in our developing woodland area.
Thank you to all the organisations that have helped us on our journey.
Click on the above link to listen to Mrs Newrick, our Headteacher, and some some of our pupils talking to Wally Webb about Forest School (We are on 2 hours and 24 mins into the programme).
We also appeared on the EDP website (http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/education/forest-school-hingham-primary-opening-2018-outdoor-learning-1-5510127) and the front page and p32 of the Attleborough Mercury.
Newspaper reports on the development of our site
Further information on Forest School can be found online or by using the links below.
Year 3 at Forest School
Year 4/5 at Forest School