WELCOME TO THE FOREST SCHOOL PAGE
What is Forest School?
‘Forest School is an inspirational process that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.’
(Definition provided by the FSA at http://www.forestschoolassociation.org/what-is-forest-school/)
Our journey so far...
The Forest School programme started at Hingham Primary School in February 2017. We were very lucky to have received help from the following organisations:
- The Friends of Hingham School purchased a temporary fence and a shed to store resources on site.
- Easton College sent a team from their Arboriculture department to help plant trees (February 2017) and hedgerow plants (December 2017) donated to us from the Woodland Trust.
- Abel Homes erected a permanent fence 100m around the designated Forest School area.
- The Ernest Cook Trust awarded us a grant of £1,350 so we could purchase tools and resources to use during Forest School.
- Norwich Town Close Estate Charity awarded us a grant of £10,000 to build an outdoor classroom in our developing woodland area.
Thank you to all the organisations that have helped us on our journey.
Newspaper reports on the development of our site
Further information on Forest School can be found online or by using the links below.
Year 2 Learning at Forest School
Year 5 (group 2) at Forest School
Year 5 (group 1) at Forest School
September 2017-October 2017: The current Year 3 enjoyed six weeks of Forest School.
February 2017-July 2017: Year 3 children experienced the new woodland area over two terms and enjoyed taking part in a variety of activities and developing new skills.