Our journey so far...
The Forest School programme started at Hingham Primary School in February 2017. We were very lucky to have received help from the following organisations:
- Annabel Hill from Norfolk Wildlife Trust gave us valuable advice when developing our site. She also officially opened our woodland area on May 2018.
- The Friends of Hingham School purchased a temporary fence and a shed to store resources .
- Easton College sent a team from their Arboriculture department to help plant trees (February 2017) and hedgerow plants (December 2017) donated to us by the Woodland Trust.
- Abel Homes erected a permanent fence around the designated Forest School area.
- The Ernest Cook Trust awarded us a grant of £1,350 to purchase tools and resources to use during our Forest School sessions.
- Norwich Town Close Estate Charity awarded us a £10,000 grant to build an outdoor classroom in our developing woodland area.
- Norse awarded us a £750 grant to make our outdoor classroom fully accessible.
Thank you to all the organisations that have helped us on our journey.